If you’re looking for a reliable and experienced company in 3D scanning, Scan Hub is the one for you! Scan Hub is a leader in the industry with over 20 years of experience of offering different 3D scanning services. We offer post 3D laser scanning, 3D CAD modelling, 3D measurement, laser survey, 2D fabrication documentation, processing, analysing data, reverse engineering, etc.
Scan Hub has the right tools and the know-how to scan and model from 3D point clouds. Working with the latest 3D tools to produce 3D models for reverse engineering, documentation, design, reconstruction, maintenance and 3D visualisation.
- 3D Laser scanning for all structures – marine, mining, engineering, heritage, buildings, anything!
- 3D Product Inspection and Measurement
- Photogrammetry scanning of smaller objects for reverse engineering
- Processing of scan point clouds to mesh or CAD format
- Scan to CAD – end to end process from laser scanning to 3D CAD models
- Cladding and Facade Scanning and Measurement
- Deformation Analysis and Measurement
- Commercial and Domestic Exterior & Interior 3D Feature Surveys
- Heritage Documentation and Preservation
- Modelling for plant, Pipes, Structures and for Reverse Engineering
- Wastewater and Water Treatment Plant
- Infrastructure Scanning/Modelling
- Civil, Structural and Mechanical Site Scanning
- Drainage Analysis and Erosion Control and Storm Water Treatment
Brisbane may be known for their scenic views, but one should also make time to take in the beautiful places, buildings and establishments. With that said, the city is on its way to becoming an economic hub because of its global connections. One way to continue this impressive growth and attract more businesses in the future is to step up the game in one of the most impactful industries, construction.
If you’re working in construction or any related field such as engineering, architecture, etc., you would understand how important it is to have efficient and accurate data for building and design. That is why it’s life-changing for professionals in the field to finally have a new technology called 3D Scanning.
To put it simply, 3D scanning is a process wherein it analyzes a real and physical object or environment, collect data on its shape, size and appearance. While 3D Laser scanning is a technique within 3D scanning.
Why 3D Laser Scanning is Popular
The main reason why it’s popular and so effective is because of its precision. What it does is it captures information about an object or infrastructure and turns it digital, making it useful for various professionals such as Architects, Designers, Engineers, Draftsmen, Surveyors, and Contractors. It’s best used in projects that involve virtual design and construction, quality control during construction, building information modeling, and many more.
The 3D laser scanning works by projecting laser lights on an object from the device, and then a sensor measures distance. Laser scanning create point clouds of data and gathers it all in one system. So it basically captures digital dimensions, measurements and spatial relationships of objects through laser lights. This is truly helpful with any object and site condition that is currently on the works.
3D scanning services such as 3D CAD modelling and 3D laser scanning survey can be used in as-built survey, reality capture or existing conditions survey. Because it’s fast, accurate and consistent in data collection, professionals can save time and money. This creates a good relationship with clients, which could help them get ahead of the competition. Contact our Brisbane Office for more information.